Beijing- Sichuan- Shanghai- Yangtze river.. and much more to come.....

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What a life...

..Life here is getting more and more interesting for me. I do not miss home at all. NOT at all. I LOVE IT HERE.

Anyway, last night around10.30 pm our lights went off. So I went to hallway to turn on lights, It was normal that with air conditioners electicity just decided to leave us. Anyway, when I stepped into hallway, I noticed that EVERybody on 19th floor was out. And apartment building was loud, voices everywhere. We have total 24 floors with around 1000 apartments. WHOLE house was dark, AND it was 36 degree heat outside. So I called nick and told him ( he was still at work) that no air conditioners, no air to breathe - and kids are still awake because of the heat. SO he came to rescue us. He climbed 19 floors to get us and we went and spend a night in close by hotel.,( OH yeah, we all climbed 19 floors down. Not a big deal, kids were super exited. lol When we went out, we noticed that more apartment buildings had no lights and even street lights were out. FUN. When we returned around 9 am next morning electricity was back and Diana was super happy. :) AND weather was perfect. Little cooler( 30 degrees) and rainy.

Happy Birthday to my Friend Xochita:) She had a baby girl on June 22( same day as Gabriels Birthday is ) and she named her Jordan Taylor. This is her third child :) I am really happy for them :)


ALLRIGTY. NOW I have to tell you about my trip to Lingyin Temple.(Buddhist Mother)
http://www.imperialtours.net/lingyin_temple.htm

http://www.hangzhou.com.cn/20030101/ca251537.htm


IT is the most famous temple in China. AND I had no idea it was only 5 kilometers from us. I was Amazed how well hiden this place is. My dear husband really has no idea where he lives. He works 12 hour dayshifts and does not care about cultural stuff, but for me I LIVE for that stuff. First we climbed mountains LOTS and lots of rock stairs. But I was more than happy to climb them because I really wanted to see all the budhas carved( spelling?) in rock. And sight was worth of seeing.

Then after the mountain climbing we went into the temple. Ticket was about 4 dollars, but I would have happily payd more. OH MY GOD. Lucily I had a friend with me who knew more about budhism and how chinese and Indian temples and beliefes are different. She thought me how to pray "budhism" way ( her english was very limited ,but she could tell me few sentences in english. We walked, into temple prayng area. Photographing and videotaping was forbidden. At first I did not see sigh hanging outside and took my camera out- and then I hear this LOUD asian lady screaming something in gibberish..... OH, I got is, No videotaping.... lol But the emages are in my head and it is hard to explain what I saw- GIANT budhas for luck, for long life, for happiness, for fertility, for EVERYTHING, and when I say Giant, they were giant. Golden, with calm and smart faces praying for you. I was just staring because I could not get the eyes of them. IT was the most beautiful experience I had so far in asia. I left the temple with easy heart And I still feel like that I was in a dream. it all was so surreal.... Go to google and google images and try Lingyin temple . You see what I am talking about. Most of the pics will be outdoors ones, but still you get the idea.:)

What I really want to do is to go to see LESHAN grand buddha. It is close to my DH hometown, in same province, but still , it is 4-5 hour car drive from his hometown, and he is not exited about going there. ;lol
I include a link about LEshan Grand Buddha, so you know what I am talking about.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/sichuan/leshan/buddha_statue.htm

OK. Since I am LOVING china now, I decided that I need one more extra week to travel around and see more. So we will be going home around 20th of July, instead of 13th of july. So be patient. One day we'll get there. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home